Monday 23 August 2010

"Ha (We Get Paid For It)"


Ha (We Get Paid For It) is an unreleased song that was played a few times during 1981 and was never officially recorded or released. My version is a cross between the live version and the slower, darker version recorded on soundcheck that same year. But the structure of the two versions are very different, one has a middle 8 the other doesn't have and vice versa. Mine has both middle 8's!

I never used to rate the song until a friend urged me to cover it and then, upon studying it, I grew to like it more and I think it could have been a contender for Chronic Town. The song features a verse guitar riff which is a precursor to the chorus guitar riff of Old Man Kensey recorded four years later.

This is my favourite of my recent batch of covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment