Wednesday 29 August 2012

Code For Living



In case you're wondering, Code For Living is a song named and semi-written by myself. A while before the release of Collapse Into Now remhq posted some short video clips of rehearsal sessions for the new album and one featured someone (possibly Stipe) with a handheld camera making their way towards a room where Peter Buck was playing a new guitar riff. I instantly recognised the lead guitar part he played when it appeared in All The Best but I thought I could write a better song using the three chord sequence he plays prior to the screeching lead guitar part.

So, the chorus of this song is my own contribution and the verse is as per the Peter Buck riff but I tried to imagine how the song would sound if it were worked up to completion in the studio.

1 comment:

  1. Its very good:) I listen to it regulary. I think more fans should know this track :)
    Have you thought about finishing the Kick the traces?

    ReplyDelete