Thursday 30 August 2012

Exhuming McCarthy



I have a confession to make. I stole the drum intro from the Stone Roses song I Am The Resurrection because it's practically identical and there was no way I was going to introduce this great song with just some shitty electronic drums courtsey of Apple's Garageband.

Having discovered the video on YouTube of the McCarthy hearings, containing the part sampled on the album version of the song, I simply had to take on this cover! It was also an opportunity to experiment with some brass instruments too - to limited success I might add!

In studying this song I learnt a lot about it and its structure, the way there is no clear verse or chorus and the final outro is played a few notes higher than it is when it features earlier in the song (I'm talking about the "sharpening stones, walking on coals" part).

No comments:

Post a Comment